Saturday, July 26, 2008

A hot day

Pixie: So, we gather here on a hot day to decide what we are going to do about the small pied one?



Bella: It's hot, and I don't like the puppy.




Maurice: Hot hot hot hot, tired.




Pixie: I had hoped it was only here for a short time, but it would seem that it is Hannah's birthday present. Small it is and its teeth are sharp but maybe we have room?
Bella: No.



Floss: I think.....
Bella: Well, that's a first!
Floss: I think it looks like me and I think it is fun to play with, like a ball.




Maurice: And I think it is too hot to think.
Pixie: So, Martha is teaching it manners, Kiffer has taught it to sleep, Floss is teaching it to play and I have taught it to walk. Elmo is teaching it to be naughty. What are you going to teach it Maurice?
Maurice: How to be scared of hot cats!

8 comments:

Bones said...

That was lovely. A very nice story. I'm looking forward to the upcoming chapters!

Is Maurice always that silly?

Griffin said...

Phew! I agree with Maurice. Let the pied one run around but let the sleepy ones sleep.

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

I love Maurice! and it's too hot to think over here too.

dragonladych said...

Ha, ha! Love Maurice flopped over on his back! Looks like it's very hot indeed!

Shammickite said...

Don't be scared, puppy, Maurice is only kidding.

Terra said...

Oh me, oh my. An addition to the family.
My cats ask if your cats or their people have read "The Wild Road" by a cat? named Gabriel King. I knew this would be a fine book since it starts with the quote "The smallest feline is a masterpiece" by Leonardo Da Vinci and it is all about cats!

Bimbimbie said...

Wonder what Rosie will teach the others*!*

ChrisJ said...

I always have to smile when I come to visit you. I entered Bailey into "The Most Witless-looking Cat" competition on "The Little Cat Diaries" blog. He made it to the short list! I caught him in a most undignified roll-over with his tongue out. If he wins, I shall post it on my blog!