Saturday, January 19, 2008

When She came back

It was dark and the moonlight lit a path to the front door. We heard the car and we waited, all at the door with our tails held high. And we told Her how we had not been fed for a whole week and how glad we were to have Her back and could She light the fire NOW as we were a bit cold and some food would be good. All except Elmo, who had discovered that Mr Griffiths had a fire and was very welcoming.
And after She had fed us (again as the lady from next door had already given us supper), and Elmo had come home, we felt that we just had to turn our back on Her so that She would know that She should not go away and leave us. Because we miss Her.


11 comments:

Boy said...

How could She go away for so wong! Ignore Her until she wearns that next time, She's going to bwing you to wherever she goes!

Daisy said...

I think giving Her the Back of Disrespect for a little while will teach her a strong lesson.

Mary Beth said...

No matter how long they turn their backs or ignore you for leaving them, they ARE glad you're back!

Gigibird said...

ignore her and bite her arm! Then she will learn not to leave you all again

dinahmow said...

Ah! You have mastered the art of Two Suppers!

ChrisJ said...

That photo's adorable.One is cute, two amazing, three fascinating but four -- all the same -- I'm speechless. I bet you got plenty of purrs when you came home. When my husband leaves on trips, my cat sits on the stairs with his ears perked looking at the front door and ready to greet him at every sound.

Leonie said...

fabulous photo!

My cat (the one the many that was MINE, know what I mean?) when I was a child was a huge ginger tom, called Tiger Tim - I'm now feeling quite nostalgic...

Casey said...

I'm glad She's back ~ no matter what you say, I know you all missed Her very much. And She knows it, too!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Hello gingers. We are glad She is home now and the fire is glowing. We were given an award and it is our first. We passed it along to you as you are our inspiration. You can come over and see it if you get a chance. Enjoy your cuddles.


~Goldie and Shade

Rowan said...

I'm glad that She is home and things are back to normal again. I think sitting front of the fire is better than walking in the all the endless rain even when you live in such a beautiful place.

Moonroot said...

BEAUTIFUL gingers!