Friday, May 8, 2009

Hunting



Today She is walking without us. She has gone to try and get closer to the cuckoo we heard yesterday. But we know the secret of cuckoos. You cannot get closer to them, but have to wait for them to come to you.




Tomorrow She is leaving us again and will be in the place where She is making an exhibition of Herself again, only this time She will be painting, or rather gilding while anyone that wants to can watch. We know what She is like when She is working and we wonder if it is safe for people. Will She get cross and throw things and say bad words like She sometimes does here? Beware, we say, sometimes the artist bites!







This is what She will be working on, two mooneyed, heartfaced hushwings. A big painting.




ps. the exhibition is in The Cloisters Gallery a St Davids Cathedral, Pembs and if all goes well She will do the same thing next Saturday too, from 11 am -5 pm. And again at Art in Action in July near Oxford. She might sign some books too, if people want Her to.

12 comments:

Buskitten said...

Jackie grumpy? Nah, that could never happen. Don't believe you! ;)

petoskystone said...

hmmm-maybe if ginger personages didn't wave thier tails & blow gilding around she wouldn't be so gumpy!!!

Griffin said...

Aha! Sometimes the artist bites! Well it's hanging around with hunters... and being a Lioness in her own right.

Besides, sometimes the artist is entitled to bite... why should the cats have all the fun?!

That looks such a lovely space and such fabulously beautiful work there too. Wish I wasn't too far away... sigh!

erin said...

those owls are so magical and beautiful ^..^
much success to HERSELF.

Anonymous said...

good luck! we hope the painting, the exhibition, goes well so She comes home in a good mood...
tell Her we love owls too....

BumbleVee said...

oh, how I wish I lived closer so I could be there....

I'm okay with grumpy.... some days it's my middle name... some days it's my first..... I understand it totally.

Julia Guthrie said...

"wonder if it is safe for people. Will She get cross and throw things and say bad words like She sometimes does here? "

ROFL...and I bet you all rush to hide somewhere & peek out with big eyes, as if to say "Is it over yet?". Nimh the Basset Hound can wholeheartedly sympathise with you there!

NAL said...

"mooneyed, heartfaced hushwings" - love the sound of this - word-smiths you are!

Would love to see Her working - and I am sure She wouldn't bite, because I would be very careful not to disturb the space of such an astounding artist!

Cheers!
NAL

Joanna Dover said...

Love the owl paintings! Make sure you post the images after they have been gilded.
Funnily I have just finished an owl painting today, and posted it on my blog. I'd love it if you could pop over and see it.

Anonymous said...

Dinah has a sticky thing on the cupboard of food and it reads: "some days I wake up grumpy.And some days I let him sleep"

La'badesa said...

Nice artwork! I love cats, birds, trees, wood and sea. Pity some photos are so dark.
I visited St. David's Cathedral some years ago. Was nice and conforting being alone in the silent nave and then have a walk in the roundabouts to collect some oak-nuts which I planted and grew tall :)

The Curious Cat said...

I love Art in Action -I haven't been since I was a little girl though...