Thursday, August 7, 2008

Work, work , work



She has asked me to say that She has a new book out this week. It is our book that we did together and I am the star of every page! Singing to the Sun by Vivian French was reviewed as the Sunday Times Children's book of the week by Nicollete Jones who said,

"Jackie Morris’s watercolours on cream paper show the influence of Italian Renaissance landscapes and medieval illumination. The faces are pale, haunting and sombre, the pictures have a unique and fantastical quality and her great strength is the well-observed depiction of animals — cats, dogs, donkeys and birds."

Glad we got a mention there.
She also asked me to mention that She has an exhibition in St Davids in The Pebbles Yard Gallery, upstairs in the cafe and you can see pictures of it here.
Does She think I have nothing better to do with my time? Does She not know that all night long I have been out in the garden watching the stars turn in a wheel of light across the night sky? Does She not realise that what I need now is sleep!


8 comments:

Daisy said...

That looks like a very magical and special book!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We can't wait to have a gander. Wish we could take in the exhibit and meet that new pup too!

Purrs Goldie and Shade

Marie said...

We will be buying Her book (s) for small friends when we return to the southern hemisphere for the Northern Winter...

ChrisJ said...

I've found out your secret. You're famous! So you should be! How could you not be with such wonderful writing and unbelievable paintings? And I thought I had you almost all to myself, to share with only a few others. I don't know if I'll ever find myself down your way, but if I do, I know I will check out your gallery and the Ginger Cats' haunts. Wonderful work and amazing talent.

The Ginger Darlings said...

She has woken me up to make me say that Her book is also published in America by Kane Miller. And in America it is a little different.
And I am tired and really need to rest! All that posing while She paints isn't easy.

Griffin said...

What a beautiful cat and such a lovely photo of him too. The pictures are exquisite and as soon as I have money again I shall buy the book.

With the notable illustrator Pauline Baynes dying this week (she did the illustrations for the Narnia books), we need all the brilliant illustrators we can get. And as yet nobody has mentioned Kathleen Hale... despite the marmalade cats here!

Marie said...

Different in America? Grr. But thank you for the publishing info...that's helpful.

This is probably a stupid question, but are Jan and Jackie Morris related? :-)

Anonymous said...

Welldone, both painter and model!
And yes, sad about Pauline Baynes.