Friday, May 25, 2007

High in the sky


Maurice: I can hear a cuckoo calling, wrens, angry and warning of cats. I can hear stonechats chipping their call and a skylark. I can hear chiffchaff, blackcap and the small bell song of linnets, a trilling grasshopper warbler and a distant blackbird. I can hear a raven cronking a deep call and choughs and the sharp pin shriek of a peregrine. But high above all of these I can hear a mewing like a cat with wings.

Martha: That, my friend, is a buzzard calling. Tonight I will tell you a tale of a buzzard and a brave, bold ginger cat.

3 comments:

Carolina Cats said...

Ooooooh, a story? Will you tell it to all of us?

Buddy

Unknown said...

What sort of camera does she use? The pictures are so clear. I particularly like the close ups of bugs, flowers and cats.

Susan in Spokane

Daisy said...

I would like to hear the buzzard story, too! And especially about the brave ginger cat.

I might be a little scairt of the buzzard though.