Sunday, March 1, 2009

St Davids Day, The Cat of the West



It is St Davids Day.
We have heard that in England they have big sculptures, The Angel of the North, and they are going to build a Big Horse. We are thinking of trying to get funding from The Arts Council of Wales to have a sculpture of a giant cat dressed in Welsh Costume. Various sites have been suggested, St Davids Head, the cathedral in St Davids, but we think either side of the Severn Bridge on the Welsh side, like great sentinels or guardians, would be just perfect.



8 comments:

Laurie said...

I think the three Ginger cats are right! Where do we sign the petition?

Jackie Morris said...

I like these ones dressed up in traditional Welsh costume. They are a bit spooky. Remind me of a very old Jason and the Argonauts film in a strange way.

M Dawson said...

Happy St David's Day to you all. I love the cat idea it made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Which bridge though? The boringly named Second Severn Crossing, or the beautiful "old"bridge. Do I sound biased???

Jess said...

If only it could be true! We travel that way many times and it would cheer up the greyness!x

Anonymous said...

Quite suitable I should think.Great catly thinking.

Shammickite said...

The perfect location for a tribute to St David and the cats of Welsh Wales.

ChrisJ said...

Happy St. David's Day! It's a bit late but I was trying to post my St. David's Day blog and having a hard time getting it up. Prayers for Pixie.