Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thinking about the sky



When She is not moving furniture and finding three year old packed lunches in Tom's bedroom She has been finding moments to colour in. And so very slowly She inches towards finishing The Ice Bear. I am still waiting to hear from the publishing lady who did say that she liked my cat book, so now we have to wait for a thing called 'an offer'.
She hides away in Her lofty studio and people come to the door and the dogs bark but She won't go down to see who it is. She will not let us in, says we will walk on Her paintings when all we want is to curl warm in the furry dog bed and make encouraging purrs.
And She cannot get Her laptop to work on facebook (which is not such a bad thing as it means that She can get on with work) but She wanted to say hi to everyone on fb.
My sneezes are no better, but are no worse either. and now I am off to explore the hole in the roof as Kiffer tells me he has found a secret way in to the attic.
And James Mayhew has decided that if a cat can manage a blog then so can he. We like James.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you get that "offer" thing soon! Right after you find the secret passageway to the attic...

Morning's Minion said...

Dear Pixie,
I'm concerned that your sneezes are still with you--all that ancient dust and mouse do can't be good for a delicate cat. Sometimes it is difficult for a busy person to realize that cats intend no harm--they just want to be company. My cats don't mean to leave their hair on quilts-in-progress, and they SAY that they are sorry about toppled books and over-turned plants--sometimes things just happen when they walk by.
Please tell "Her" that the colors in the raven's wing are so lovely; also, a reminder we probably do get more done without FB--alluring, but a bit trivial.
The cats at Morning's Minion send their greetings and say that they envy you being able to take walks. Being house cats is safe, but they look longingly at adventures outside the windows.

JC said...

Maybe she wants to earn money to buy you catnip toys ...

The Mole said...

But this is why mum's shouldn't enter boy's bedrooms or follow them on facebook - they find out things they would rather not know. Were the lunches anything good and microwaveable?

Peter said...

Hello, my name is Ginger and I live with a potter (I really should live next door, but I have this thing about clay!). Peter, the potter, and myself are delighted to have found what must be the best of blogs (as it appears to be written by cats). We found you from Kitty's Spanish Studio site http://kittyshepherd.blogspot.com.

Lovely to see She's exciting looking painting, all the other splendid photos, and to read your wonderful prose!

I still have some difficulty adapting my front paws to the keyboard of Peter's computer, but it is amazing how many words purr minute you can achieve by using your back paws as well! I see that you also like to sit on shoulders. By some strange coincidence Peter placed a photograph of myself aboard his shoulders on his most recent blog post. I am not sure that I agree with all the stuff he wrote about my mousing exploits and our cognitive differences, but you might find the photo of some amusement!
http://opopots.blogspot.com/
In our mutual enthusiasm for your site, we placed a link from ours to yours... hope that is OK with you.

Best Wishes to you all, thanks for bringing some merriment to this household on a cold winter's morning, Ginger and Peter

James Mayhew said...

Thanks O lovely ones. I like you too. One of best stories I ever wrote was all about a cat...

Lydia said...

I hope your sneezy time is just about over, little Pixie.
Love the painting.
Ginger at Peter's blog sounds like a creative sort, what with using a phrase like words purr minute!