Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blue sky, early morning, seal pup day.



A blue sky morning. Up the green lane, a tree tunnel to the high hill top. Today we go to look for seals. And sure enough, on the pebble beach, one pup, wrapped in white fur with a sooty nose. And in the water, his mother, lifting to the gentle toss and sway of the sea.




And the sea and the sky so blue.




A long walk, along the early morning coastal path. Out at sea the gannets dive, pure white arrows. Below them porpoise rise to cut through the roof of the sea. For a while I ride on shoulders, then down to walk through the honey scented purple heather.










On the way home I walk the bone white lichen covered wall that leads along the green road to Maes y Mynydd where the ghost cats dwell.




A good walk. A long walk. And good to know that the wheel of the year is turning with heather and seal pups and porpoise and harebells.

14 comments:

Penny said...

You have seal pups and we have a whale calf, both ends of the seasons.

Morning's Minion said...

I wish that I had such a lovely place to walk. I know that several of my cats would follow. Pixie, you appear to ride on shoulders very nicely---no hanging on with claws?

Ann said...

What a wonderful to start the day-just beautiful and inspiring-life is full of magical moments and you continue to share them with us-thank you-Angie

quiltcat said...

what a beautiful day, and lovely to see the seal pup. Pixie looks so content riding on a friendly shoulder...i hope her sneezles are done.

Deb said...

My 6 cats would love to roam with you, even in their senior years. They spend most of their time lying in the sun on our deck and cooling off in the grass at night. Lovely to follow you on your adventures. You are all very beautiful cats (dogs are handsome too)..

Jennifer Rose said...

that view is gorgeous! the water and sky are so blue :D

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

What an amazing walk, each time I visit I feel like I am there with you, wishing I was smelling the sea and the heather and the warm cats scent...

PurestGreen said...

You give every reason to get up early in the morning. A beautiful, beautiful post.

Unknown said...

I'm SO happy to be invited along on your enchanting walks using this magical transporter contraption on my lap. Almost as good as being carried along on a shoulder! Thanks

ChrisJ said...

Blue sea, ginger cats, purple heather and green, green grass. So beautiful!

petoskystone said...

such vibrant colors! thank you for sharing your world!:) what sound do seal pups make?

Safi Crafts said...

Here in Seattle we have volunteers guarding seal pups on one of the more popular beaches. Otherwise people see them alone, think they are abandoned and try to "rescue" them.
Your walks are so lovely.

Lydia said...

I do not believe there could be a more perfect blog post than this one. Thank you, for so many reasons.

Estorbo said...

I weesh I coul' walghe weeth you, seengeen' Geenghairs.